Saturday, September 17, 2011

Working hard to get better

If you truly want to get better at soccer you need to get a group of people together to play some small sided games almost every day to work on the things that you need to improve on the most. Whether that is shooting, dribbling, corner kicks, or taking players on, the best people that can help you are your own teammates. They can support you and encourage you to do better and to become a better player in the long run. From my own experience, I didn't have the opportunities to work with my teammates, a couple would want to work on things with me but it wasn't enough people to be productive. I ended up turning to another idea, I started playing small sided scrimmage games with boys. They made me a tougher player and they were as passionate about soccer as I was, so it was nice to have those teammates there to support you. If your own teammates aren't there to help you turn to other options, never be afraid to turn to boys for help. They are the best ones out there for the job of making you a better player mentally and physically.

No comments:

Post a Comment